We are looking for talented and ambitious Accountant who has the experience and motivation to excel in the role of Senior Accountant for our U.S. Accounting department. This position has tremendous growth opportunities and the benefit of partnering with our company President, CFO, and leadership. If you’re an experienced Accounting professional, you are actively seeking consulting opportunities, and you want to join the fastest supply chain company, apply today!
At Courier Network, the Senior Accountant is responsible for supervising and controlling financial operations. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets financial and budgetary reports. Directs all aspects of US accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements. Streamline our budgeting, payroll, and financial reporting processes. Produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve the operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth.
What you will do:
- Supervising accounting staff including accountant, accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, and general accounting staff.
- Establishing and maintaining the Company’s financial policies and procedures by providing operational administrative direction.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and analyze the financial results.
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses.
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances.
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management.
- Assessing operational financial processes and proposing improvements.
- Analyzing and reporting cost variances.
- Serving as a liaison to external auditors during Company audits.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or similar is required.
- 3-5 years, or more of proven and progressive accounting experience.
- Professional accounting certification such as a CPA or CMA is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of detailed financial data analysis
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, and desire to grow!
- Extraordinary communication skills; written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
CNW Core Competencies and Values
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with CNW’s Core Competencies: Accountability & Responsibility, Collaboration & Teamwork, Communication, Customer Focus, Problem Solving & Decision Making.
What we offer:
CNW offers its employees a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Competitive Wages.
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
- We provide a 401k Plan with a generous contribution.
- Discretionary bonuses.
- And, much more!
All benefits offered are subject to eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
CNW is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. CNW does not tolerate discrimination against job applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, and military status or any other protected class recognized under federal, state, or local law. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company’s employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.