This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.cnwglobal.com, a web site operated by CNW – Courier NetWork Inc. and its affiliates (referred to in this policy as “Us”, “We”). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. It will notify you of the information we collect about you, how we use it and protect it, and what choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
Information collection, use, and sharing
While using our Service, We may collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information, which may include information about how you use our web site, log files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports (together with the Personal Data, as defined below, the “Information”). We may also ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (the “Personal Data”). Personal Data may include your email address, first name and last name, your address, cookies and data usage, and more. We will not transfer, sell or rent this Personal Data to anyone, except as specifically required in order to provide you with the services offered to you.
What we do with your information
The Information will be used in accordance with applicable laws for the following purposes:
- To provide the use of our web site as well as for auditing and improving our web site, including providing customer support, fixing and customizing our web site, testing new services and features, and conducting troubleshooting activities.
- We reserve the right to disclose your Information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our web site. We may share your Information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or in such circumstances where such disclosure is required according to applicable law or court order.
- We may share your Personal Data if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our various terms of service or as otherwise required by law.
Except as described herein, we do not disclose your Personal Information or share it with third parties.
You will automatically be subscribed to receive optional email messages such as newsletters or promotions, you may choose to unsubscribe at any time, by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email message. In addition to these optional email messages, we may contact you via any email address you provide to us with transactional or relationship messages such as account status messages, security updates or notifications of changes in the terms of your account for our service. These types of transactional or relationship email messages are not optional.
The following applies to individuals whose personal data falls under the jurisdictions subject to the E.U.’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
CNW – Courier NetWork Inc. is the Data Controller for your Personal Data. Your consent to our use of the Personal Data provides us with a lawful basis for such use. We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information for is determined by operational and legal considerations.
Legal basis for processing personal data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your Personal Data because (i) We need to perform a contract with you; (ii) You have given us permission to do so; (iii) The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights; or (iv) To comply with applicable law.
Your data protection rights under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. You have the right to review the Information we have on you, and to update, rectify or ask Us to delete such Information.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your Personal Data.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If you feel that there is a problem with how the Personal Data has been handled, you have the right to register a complaint with your local supervisory authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
A “cookie” is a small amount of data, which typically includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive when you view a webpage or other types of content. You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set. If you reject all cookies, or specifically reject cookies set by us, you may not be able to take full advantage of features of our Service that require you to be signed in to your account or otherwise identify yourself.
- Identify you as a visitor to our web site.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using our web site and services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve our service.
Our website includes third-party applications that track visitors. These applications respond to Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) requests by not dropping cookies into visitors’ browsers.
- This policy shall be construed in accordance with and governed for all purposes by the substantive laws of the State of New York without regard to conflicts of law provisions. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us and our affiliates, directors, officers, employees and representatives must be resolved by a court located in New York and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.